Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battle System Idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Bits : 2586

Battle System Idea Empty
PostSubject: Battle System Idea   Battle System Idea Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:29 am

Sup.

So this is going to sound weird, considering:

a). the site just started.
b). I'm not even approved.
c). I'm not on staff and have no idea how anything works.
d). I'm gay.
e). I mean haha what

... and a myriad of other reasons, but no harm in a bit of shitposting. Not an idea I'm passionate or insistent about or anything, but it crossed my mind while throwing my creation together. In other words, I got to wake up in a few hours and I'm procrastinating. Just a bit of spitballing.

Who knows, maybe it'll pique your interest.

Get to the point.

Okay, okay. We have five stats which determine class. As far as I can tell, they're mostly fluff, giving some structure to an otherwise freeform system. That's all cool, but if we were looking for a battle system, I feel like it could be easily implemented with the assets already in place.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Battle systems are fucking shit. Tedious, cumbersome, occasionally imbalanced or over-complicated. WCC needs a battle system or else it would burst into flames, and on sites like PBA, the nature of RP demands it. On somewhere like Beata, a battle system would just be a bitch. Trust me, I tried to put one together there, it was just impossible. Most people would prefer just to RP it out, and that's fine.

But a real system might be of interest, especially here, where we're in an actual game which uses actual numbers, stats, modifiers, and all that kinda thing. It'll help cool the salt that naturally accompanies fights on Beata while we're at it (see: Salt Tournament 2016).

So hear me out. Keep in mind it's barebones and needs serious tweaking.

Combat.

Battles use a 10-sided dice. Higher speed goes first, ofc.

Hit points:
HP + two lowest stats (besides HP) + 20

When attacking:
Melee damage: (dice + attacker's atk) - target's defense
Magic damage: (dice + attacker's mgc) - target's defense
Ranged damage: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (you get the idea)
Trap damage: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (you get the idea)

Avoid chance: dice + target's speed - attacker's speed. If this number is higher than the attack roll (melee/magic/ranged/trap damage), then the attack doesn't land.

Clerics:
buffs and shit, idk roll dice moar heals pls. i have to wake up in two hours.

Weapon modifiers:
Better weapons give you better damage, as you could guess. For example, iron longknife (default fighter weapon) doesn't give you shit (roll normally). But upgrading to rapier will give you a +2 to melee damage rolls, or something along those lines.

Skills:
As far as I can tell, these all work as is. You don't even really have to change the descriptions.

And probably more shit:
IDK MAN I'M TIRED. example coming below.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Battle System Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle System Idea   Battle System Idea Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 am

matt damon brocks
hp : 6
atk : 4
spd : 2
mgc : 0
def : 3

shep hurmun
hp : 4
atk : 5
spd : 3
mgc : 0
def : 3

ship moves frist

ship uses super hadouken slash attackkkkk!!!!!!!!!

damage: 7
dodge: 8

sherp hp: 27
damer hp: 28

edited by splach on 4/20 2013

dice 1 (damage roll): 5
dice 2 (dodge roll): 8
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Battle System Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle System Idea   Battle System Idea Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:48 am

but it missed bitch!!!!!!!!!111111111111111 damnan twirld out that bitch like a fuckna graceful ass black swan and slashd back at shap!!!1

damage: 7
dodge: 4

sherp hp: 20 (-7)
damer hp: 28

edated by wiles 6969 hax

dice 1 (damage roll): 6
dice 2 (dodge roll): 3
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Battle System Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle System Idea   Battle System Idea Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:50 am

Even that ghetto example is showing its problems, but I'm more trying to sell the concept than the numbers as-is. If staff were interested in adopting this they'd be able to change things around to make it not shit.

Anyway, consider, or don't, whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm goin' the fuck to bed.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

Bits : 2585

Battle System Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle System Idea   Battle System Idea Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:25 am

I dig it. I'll talk about it with the ol' ball-and-chains hahahaha
Back to top Go down
https://projectaubade.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Battle System Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle System Idea   Battle System Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle System Idea
Page 1 of 1