Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Knock knock [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

Bits : 2585

Knock knock [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 pm

Knock knock...

Wolfgang stood in front of the door, one hand to his side, the other swiping over her username to make sure this was her apartment. Yep, Mackenzie Herman, this was her. It had just been the previous day that they explored the castle together, going from room to room and trying to forget the kidnapped life. It was the first time he had a great time since he had arrived in the game, or maybe even before that. Manchester wasn't treating him as well as Boston.

The boy ran his hand through his blonde hair, first in one big stroke, then in a few short licks, frantically spiffing up his bangs, picking his brain at whether or not his UI had a mirror. Oh, no matter, it was too late for that. He dropped his hands down, and then fidgeted with his fingers, shifting his weight to one foot and then the other. Was he standing like a dork? How could he stand cooly without pockets? The muffled sound of speech behind the door accelerated his thought process to a blur, and he found himself leaning with an arm against the wall, practically over the door.

His smile was cracking down the sides of his mouth, and cool pinpricks of regret washed down his face, but the nob was already turning.
Back to top Go down
https://projectaubade.rpg-board.net
Kitty

Kitty

Bits : 2656
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:20 am

Mackenzie had obtained her gate keeper ticket around the same time her twin brother and accomplicing ranger had. So it was only natural she was going to try and run the keeper as a team. She had heard of those who had success soloing the boss, but it gave Mackenzie greater comfort knowing she would be doing it with more than one person. For the least of it, her brother.

She had called over her brother and Rory to set up a bit of a battle plan for the battle to follow the next day. The other Ranger had just left, and so it had left the two whiskered blondes to socialize and catch up on what had been going on. "I have confidence this fist gate will be e-" Mackenzie's voice was silenced by the two sharp, swift knocks placed upon her door. Who would be coming to see her..? Could Rory have forgotten something? A quick sweep of her room revealed otherwise. Even if something had been forgotten, she could've retrieved it via. her UI.

Getting up from her spot on her bed, Mackenzie offered a shrug to her brother as she opened up the door. At first, her turn of the handle was slow, but then it quickened. She had no idea what was going on, and her mind was racing with possibilities. Was she in trouble for exploring the castle with Wolfgang that other day? That wouldn't make all that much sense...

Oh. Speak of the devil.

Mackenzie's worried face changed to a bright smile in an instant, the birth-mark whiskers curling upwards with her grin. "Hey! Come on in." Her words were kind, and she opened up her door wider with a graceful arm beckoning him inside. Her brother still hung out on her bed, hopefully he wouldn't try to kill the Lancer instantly... "Shep, you remember Wolfgang from the gathering right?" She gave a look to her brother, one that said - You go after him immediately and you're dead, mister. It was a half death-glare, half innocent look. Of course, he probably wouldn't listen.

This would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Splotch

Splotch

Bits : 2706

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 7:41 pm

The twin was propped up against the wall that the bed as situated alongside. His boots were off, and cape stashed into his inventory. He didn't wear his armor, rather a blue cotton shirt and his usual olive green pants. The bandage covering his head was still in place, keeping his hair out of his face. Shepard had been in the middle of spending quality time with his sister that they hadn't had in awhile. In fact, he was happy to have one on one time just like back home. It made him feel comfortable and more at home--something that this world lacked.

The knock at the door was met with a tilted head, sharing a glance with his sister. He had the same thoughts as she did with the ranger whom they had talked with prior. Yet, when another person stepped in, Shepard's face dropped and eyes narrowed considerably. His sister's glare that delivered the threat was seen, but ignored. "Ah yes," The fighter began sarcastically, sitting up in the bed with hands to his sides propping himself up. "who could forget the only player who hasn't left Roslare yet?" Shepard would rather spend the time with his sister not with this asshole in the room. "Why are you here? Did you get lost?" He paused, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "That can't be." He sat up, making an 'O' with his lips and leaning forward. "Considering how much time you spend here, you know this place better than all of us!"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:20 pm

Wolfgang's smile was short lived, a start-and-stop as Mackenzie moved to reveal--who else, her brother. He stayed where he was, leaned against the doorway, his forehead on his forearm, his bottom lip rigid and coiled back. So her brother was just as bad as he remembered him. Good, at least he knew his memory wasn't failing him.
"Hey, you've got--" he moved his fingers across his cheek, rubbing them in deep streaks across his skin. "--you've got a little something...right there."

Still apprehensive towards Mackenzie's invitation, the boy hooked his thumb in his pants, looking deeply at the girl. He widened his eyes as they made visual contact with her own. "You sure it's a good time?" he murmured quietly. "I can come back later, if you want..."
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:34 pm

The sarcasm oh so obviously produced by her brother could only be met by a forced-back groan from Kenzie. Had she not glared hard enough at him to at least be a little chill? Thinking back to the gathering, at how high tensions were that night, she rethought her opinion. Shepard probably didn't have all that good of a vibe with the guy. Mackenzie at least somewhat did, considering she now could recall at least half of the castle's layout from exploring it with him. While she still questioned his motives about not wanting to advance in the game as of present time, she wasn't going to pressure him on the matter.

Wolfgang's motioning upon his cheeks made Mackenzie herself raise an eyebrow. She herself had the same whisker-like markings. Albeit not nearly as dark in color, hers were certainly there. It was an interesting little jab that he took at her brother that she couldn't help feel affected by.

Dusting it off as his brown eyes met her own cerulean gaze, she nodded. "No it's alright... What brings you over?" After hovering in the doorway, she let herself lean against the wall that bordered one side of her door. Her arms folded across her chest, and she stood to where she could keep an eye on the two boys.
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:40 pm

"Get creative, I've heard that before." The blond rolled his eyes which landed on his sister, his own blue yes glossing over her lighter ones. He had become rather hopeful when the boy suggested that he left. Thank god, he really didn't care for this guy. He wou-- God damn it. The twin brother sent his sister a scathing look. Why would she keep them in the same room? There was only so much annoyance he could handle before he would take out his sword. The boy slumped back down on the bed, absently messing with a fold in the comforter as he stared down the other player. "Yeah, Wolfie. Why are you here?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Wolfgang cast a glare behind the girl before returning his focus to her. He tried his best to keep his eyes cool, his tone from twitching. "I wanted to see if you were available to hang out," he told her. His voice was even lower than before; his eyes were locked on her. That brat behind them wasn't there, he wasn't there--no use getting worked up and scrapping a good friendship by snapping at her blood relatives...

But in some ways, his vitriol had its perks. The boy smiled slyly. "Maybe we could go for a walk or something, if you're not busy."

Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:27 pm

Kenzie easily got the message that Shepard wasn't having any of her socialization. His scathing look was all she needed, which she returned with a quick flash of her cherry colored tongue. Her gaze only averted from Wolfgang momentarily, quickly disregarding her twin in the room. Her cheeks twitched upward in a smile, her whiskers curling with her lips. She knew her brother wanted Wolfgang out of his hair, and most likely just some time to spend with her.

But if she were to be stuck in this world for god-knew how long, best would be that she tried to make other bonds in case something happened to him. But then that'd throw her into a confliction... Did she stay to spend the time she had left with her brother, or build something so that she has a support when he is gone? Deciding to scrap the depressing stuff from her mind, a soft chuckle was her response to his shy smile.

"It was just me and Shep planning our strategy for the first gate keeper. We're done now though." Bouncing back off of the door frame, her smile widened. "I'd actually love to go take a walk." Her gaze turned to make puppy-dog eyes at his brother, mustering up the most innocent face she possibly could. "Shepard, I hope you won't mind if I spend some time with him..." Batting her eyes innocently, there were hidden words to her tone. Ones that only her twin would understand. I'm heading out with him. Warn him as you'd like not to hurt me and yada-yada, but I may finally have a date.
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 11:16 pm

At this point his eyes were slits, an icy stare was imbedded in Wolfgang's shy smile. 'No way in hell, asshole.' Shepard thought to himself, standing up from the bed. In a flash, his clothes were returned to his normal outfit. The blond brushed himself off and offered the brightest smile he could manage. "What a fantastic idea! We could all go on a walk~" Hands behind his head, the fighter offered a snarky smile paired with an equally snarky comment. "You lead the way, Wolfie."

Shepard didn't feel the need to reiterate why he offered the boy to take the lead. It was after all the only thing would ever lead. That being said, the fighter kept it to himself. Shepard's disdain for him was rooted in the fact that he'd rather stay behind and cower in Roslare. It was only until this moment did it become something more. He wanted the boy to stay away from his sister. She deserved someone who could fight alongside of her-- not cower behind her.

Purposefully, Shepard stood between the two.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 11:53 am

Let's just say, Wolfgang didn't lead the way. The blonde boy stayed put near the doorway, despite Shepard's continual walking. It was the lancer's turn to give an icy stare, like a wolf purveying sheep. "I think you should sit this one out, buddy," he said. "Go home, maybe hang out with a friend that isn't your sister. If you have one." The boy had a finger to his UI, his hand hovering over the buttons. "If you want, I can tell you the best route to your residence, since I know the city so well. We definitely won't be passing it."
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Mackenzie opened her mouth to protest against her brother's use of the nickname 'Wolfie.' That was her thing for Wolfgang. She refrained from using it in public, because she got the vibe that the name had yet to grow on him. Although, she stopped at the sign of the quarrel between to the boys, which prompted an annoyed groan to come from her. This. always. happened.

Honestly, she didn't know what she wanted to do. Hang out with both of them? Just her brother? Just Wolfgang? Someone's feelings would end up hurt no matter what she did. "I wouldn't mind Shepard going with us," she said quietly. Familiar attachment made her heart pull that direction. "But at the same time, Shep, I would like to spend some time with just Wolfgang..." An idea popped into her head, and she snapped her fingers.

Digging into her UI's inventory, she pulled out a bit, and balanced it perfectly on her thumb. "Shep, you're heads. Wolf, you're tails. Whatever it lands on decides it. Heads, Shep can come with us. Tails, it's just me and Wolf~" That was a good way to solve indecision, right? Hopefully they wouldn't have her head for this one.

Flicking the coin from her hand, she waited for it to land before picking it up and turning it over onto her palm.

Tails.

OOC; I literally went to random.org to decide the outcome of this post. proof of flip outcome here~
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 7:52 pm

The blond raised a brow at the other blond, the passive aggressive use of 'buddy' irked him. His animated face showed every emotion, especially the growing hatred. "You make me curious." He told the boy, leaning toward him. "Why the hell are you so adamant about being alone with my sister?" Shepard leaned back, observing him with utmost scrutiny. "Tell me, do you have any friends other than my sister?" The twin asked, knowing he could list a good few; Sawyer, Barry, Claire, Etsuko,hell--even Rory.

A coin flip. That would be fair, although he had a sinking feeling about it. He didn't speak until Mackenzie revealed the side. Frowning, he looked back up at her, searching her face for a long moment. "Okay." He said simply. This accepting sounding voice was highly contrasting to what he did next. Shepard knew the smirk would be on Wolfgang's face. Better to stop it before it happened. The fighter didn't want him to waste that effort after all.

His cape flared as he spun to face the other blond, fist grabbing the helm of the other boy's shirt and dragging him close. Shepard's eyes smoldered in a blue fire of anger. "Don't you fucking try shit. If so, Roslare will no longer be safe for you. Then you'll have to leave the game to escape me. You understand?" His voice was low, and the snarl on his face was almost farel with the way his birthmarks spread across his cheeks. Effortlessly, he shoved the boy away. "By the way, if you don't believe me, ask Mackenzie what happened to the others."

Half way out the door, Shepard turned to face Kenzie. His face was softer--almost hurt, and kept his face angled out of Wolfgang's sight. "I'll be preparing for the battle. Let me know when you actually want to spend time with your brother, Mackenzie." Monotone was the only word to describe his voice, paired with the lack of a nickname held a deeper meaning to the girl than the boy.

Walking down and out of the building, Shepard paused in a nearby alleyway. He leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. Honestly, he couldn't understand. They had been all fine for hanging out for the rest of the day, then all of a sudden that asshole showed up, and she wanted him to leave. The fighter bit his lip and rolled his head to the side--looking down the alleyway. Despite what others would think, they haven't gotten to spend much time together since the beginning, and he had been looking forward to catch up with her and talk like they used to. Instead...

With a shaky sigh, he slid to the ground and began browsing though his UI absently. He hadn't actually planned on doing much, and wasn't exactly sure were to start getting ready. After all, they hadn't talked about it that much.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:48 pm

Wolfgang's smirk was endurant. It remained when the coin flipped his way, and when Shepard grabbed his shirt. He could see over the boy's head. So long as Mackenzie liked him, he couldn't see her brother trying anything to physically harm him, so the boy stood there quietly, listening to his rant. It was only when he shoved him that he breathed--"Gotcha, sailor," and widened his eyes towards Mackenzie. Jeez, what a little edgelord.

When he left, Wolfgang's shoulders eased down. He hadn't noticed they'd been so tensed, but now his muscles had a dull pain to them. The boy rubbed one and said, "He really doesn't like you hanging out with people, huh?" His last warning was especially interesting to him. Did he actually physically harm boys that talked to her?

"Good luck with him later, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:51 pm

The look Shepard had given her struck her... hard. He did know that because she couldn't decide she had flipped that coin, right? She was split between hurting two people's feelings, so she let a coin decide. She had no control over what side it ended up on. Pain of her own flashed in her eyes, and she forced herself to look away. She would have to make it up to him later... if he would let her.

She heard very well the warning that her brother issued Wolfgang. That part wasn't new to her. Her gaze finally returned towards the other blond once her brother had left, and she had forced herself to calm. Had she made the right choice? Her brother would forgive her... wouldn't he? "He's... We haven't been around each other as much since coming to Aubade. It's... separation anxiety." She was at a loss for words.

Mackenzie herself had learned to hide her anxiety quickly during her school years. In the classes they were separated, she had to force it all down. Maybe that was why she didn't feel as impacted by their separation. "Thanks... Sorry for killing the mood... I think that walk sounds even better now." She offered him a whiskered half-smile, her blonde locks falling partially in front of her face.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 10:51 pm

Wolfgang smiled genuinely for the first time since knocking on the door. Everything was at ease now. Thr psycho brother aside...
"I agree," the lancer said, stretching his stress away for the embrace of relaxation. A walk sounded fantastic right about then.

"So I've been practicing the lyre," he told her, walking away from the building, down the cobblestone walkway of the street. A horse passed them with a carriage towing along, but other than that, only people filled the way. They walked by the aisle that Shepard dipping into, but Wolfgang didn't notice, keeping his eyes straight. "I'm not much better, but I'm trying. You'll have to teach me sometime."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knock knock [closed]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next