Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wait What [open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow

Shadow

Bits : 2566

Wait What [open] Empty
PostSubject: Wait What [open]   Wait What [open] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 6:35 pm

The sound of flowing water was the first thing she heard. It was a sound she wasn't quite used to, especially as her body adjusted enough to feel that she was outside. Flowing water outside? From the dump she lived in? No way. As she pulled herself up from the hard ground, she forced herself to blink, the bright light surrounding her being much harder to adapt to than she was expecting. However, as Beth finally opened her eyes and adjusted the glasses further onto her face, she took a quick look around from where she was.

At first, the sights did nothing for her. Her mind was still foggy as she looked at the luscious green grass and the vivid blue skies above her. After about a minute, however, the young girl finally came to, a sharp gasp escaping her throat followed by a shrill squeal as she pushed herself backwards from the shocking sights. It was overwhelming seeing such unnatural beauty that she had barely even noticed when she found herself pushing herself over a ledge and plop! right into the water behind her.

With a loud scream, Beth fell in, the cold water sending adrenaline through her body. In seconds, the girl jumped out of the water and whirled around to face where she had come from. With her heart beating hard against her chest and her breaths shallow, she stared at the gorgeous fountain for what felt like a lifetime. Wait, was the water clear? Instantly, her terrified thoughts turned into amazement. "Oh my gosh..." she breathed, calming down enough to take another look at what was around her. Where was she? Wherever she was, she couldn't believe her eyes. It was more stunning than she could have ever imagined. She had gotten so lost in the scenes around her that she had barely noticed when someone approached.
Back to top Go down
Terra

Terra

Bits : 2565

Wait What [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait What [open]   Wait What [open] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 3:39 am

It was bright, too bright for the young woman as she blinked the uneasy feeling away. Eyes closed, Emilia could only focus on her other senses, and they were not registering any of the familiar sensations. Her skin prickled, unused to the humidity - it certainly was warmer than usual at this time of year. The sound of running water alerted her though, forced her to open her eyes when she was unable to hold back the curiousity. Her eyes widened as they adjusted to the brightness once again, but once they focused, Emilia's mouth could only hang in surprise.

There was so much beauty to wherever she was, bright colors vibrant against the neutral sky. The fifteen year old could only gape as her head turned, eyes examining the rest of the scene before her. It was like nothing she has ever seen before. "Mein gott," she whispered to herself as the reality sets in. 'Where the hell am I?' she thought in panic as she is unfamiliar with any of this beauty. Emilia took a deep breath, a calming mechanism she has learned and since used with effectiveness. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a shrill scream.

Temporarily forgetting her predicament and allowing curiousity to take over, Emilia turned her head to the noise and saw another young woman. Troubled as she was, Emilia could not help but notice that the other girl was perhaps in a worse situation than she was. 'At least I'm not soaking wet,' she thought rudely to herself as her lips turned to a smirk. Still, she was not mean enough to ignore someone who might need help. And Emilia was a strong believer in good karma. The dark haired girl walked over and spoke as she approached.

"Hi, are you alright?" Emilia asks kindly, hand outstretched for a handshake. Was that how they greeted around here? She certainly hoped so. "I don't blame you, it's certainly hot enough around here to take a nice dip," the girl added after, trying to effuse humour into the situation.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

Wait What [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait What [open]   Wait What [open] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 9:18 pm

The sight was already enough to behold, but now there was someone else here to watch her fall all over herself. Her cheeks flushing a bright red, she tried to hide her face by pulling her shoulders up and tucking her head. However, as soon as she realized that's what she was doing, she shook her head, straightened herself up and gave the girl a big, toothy grin as she grabbed the girl's hand with a firm handshake. "Perfectly fine! Just decided to take a swim with the fish is all! They looked lonely," Beth replied, her grin not fading as she awkwardly laughed it off as she finally released the girl's hand.

"So," she said after a moment of silence. "How about this place? Have... Have you ever been here before?" Beth might not have been the best at small talk, but she was curious about this... new world. "What even is this place?"
Back to top Go down
Terra

Terra

Wait What [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait What [open]   Wait What [open] Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Emilia tried to hide her amusement at the girl's embarrassment. It was strange how comfortable she felt in her situation, despite the fact that she still had no idea where they were. Emilia tightened the grip on her handshake, glad that the other girl had finally come to her senses and returned her politeness. At least her hand wasn't slapped away. A good sign, Emilia supposed. The dark haired girl could only smile in the other girl's response. She stared at the girl, wanting to nonchalantly comment about being careful not to sleep with the fishes when something caught her eye.

The fifteen year old's eyes narrowed, focusing on a spot above the bright haired one's head. She could barely see it but- ah, it was beginning to get a littler darker. B-E-T... "H. Beth?" Emilia finished aloud, unaware of the fact that she had even spoken. It was strange, wasn't something she had seen before. There were other things she could see but Emilia was interrupted before she could continue reading.

"Know what? Beats me," Emilia replied unworried, shrugging her shoulders as she spoke. It was a little disconcerting how calm she was at the moment but she was not going to take her level-headed mood for granted. "Honestly don't even remember how I got here, truth be told. I was hoping you'd tell me actually."

Emilia paused as she contemplated the events that occurred. Was Beth the other girl's name? But how could she see it? Curiouser and curiouser. Emilia held back her courtesy not only to test a theory, but as comfortable as she was, the fifteen year old wasn't feeling quite as trusting. "What's your name by the way?" Emilia attempted to ask casually, trying to see if the other girl would respond the way she expected.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

Wait What [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait What [open]   Wait What [open] Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 11:47 pm

It was hard to hide how disappointed Beth was when the girl in front of her told her that she had no idea where they were. However, she perked up more in surprise when the girl admitted that she hoped that Beth could tell her something about it. Immediately, the blonde felt guilty. "Ah, sorry... I don't know anything other than this place is absolutely gorgeous, but it gives me a bad feeling..." Her voice trailed off as she continued to look around, trying to find any kind of road sign or shop name. However, the words of the strange girl suddenly struck Beth. In fact, she had no idea how she got here either. The last thing that she remembered was talking to her grandfather in his old car. She blacked out and suddenly she was waking up here in this strange world of vibrant colors and unbelievable scenery. Was this some kind of trick?

Before Beth could react to it and let her mind sink too far into a panic, the strange girl's question snapped her attention back to reality. "My name? Yeah, it's Beth," she said, glancing at the girl. "What's yours?" Studying her closely, it was weird to look at her. The girl had on strange clothes and... what was that floating next to her head? Beth squinted her eyes behind her glasses, trying to concentrate on what she saw but every time she looked directly at it, it seemed to disappear. Did it have a name on it?
Back to top Go down
Terra

Terra

Wait What [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait What [open]   Wait What [open] Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 3:41 pm

"I know what you mean," Emilia added as Beth broke off. They were sentiments that the young German girl felt. Even if it was a mysterious place, it's beauty was awe inspiring. It had very fantasy feel to it, so different from the busy city that she grew up in. Emilia paused, remembering bits and pieces of... The young girl clutched her head and scratched it. She was getting a headache just thinking too much about it. "No worries," Emilia assured the other girl, sensing that the redhead was slightly disappointed, "I'm sure we can figure it out together." With that, Emilia held out a hand.

Her blue eyes focused on the other girl - Emilia believed her to be a bit spacy but it was fine, Beth was company after all. "Emilia, a pleasure," she answered, still waiting for a handshake. She could tell that the girl was trying to glance above her. Maybe Beth was experiencing... She hesitated but then continued, "Hey, do you happen to see anything above me? I see your name and other blurry things above yours." Emilia noted as her other hand pointed to the air above her.

After pointing above her head, she dropped her hand and stroked her chin. It was a habit that she needed to break really but Emilia figured such can be excused for the moment. Her head glanced around, attempting to make sense of the situation. However, no solution was coming to her head. Emilia looked back at Beth, judging the other girl to be timid. Her inner leader emerged and Emilia decided to take charge of the situation. "Want to come along with me and figure out what's going on?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

Wait What [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait What [open]   Wait What [open] Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Focusing harder, the small thing floating in the air finally came into view. Beth wasn't entirely sure why it was so difficult to see it in the first place, as now it was almost as clear as day. Just as the other girl had mentioned, there was 'Emilia' in small letters next to a bar and other symbols. What did all of that mean? "Yeah, I see your name and some other stuff. I'm... pretty sure that's not supposed to be there. I've.. I've at least never seen anything like it before." Beth pondered it for a moment more before Emilia asked about going to figure this place out. At first, the blonde was a bit reluctant but her curiosity and her nervousness got the best of her. She needed to figure out what was going on and fast. Sitting here in the unknown was driving her crazy.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea," she said to Emilia's offer. "There's gotta be someone around here who can give us some kind of information." Hopefully that was the truth. The small square seemed unusually empty despite it being midday.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

Bits : 2577

Wait What [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait What [open]   Wait What [open] Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 10:44 pm

And then Emilia walked off, but Beth decided to go back to her Residencies instead, because she heard she got a dope-ass personal apartment and thought that sounded cooler. Little did she know it would only be one room big, and she still didn't know shit.

The end.
Back to top Go down
https://projectaubade.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Wait What [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wait What [open]   Wait What [open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wait What [open]
Page 1 of 1